Friday, December 17, 2010

"Let it Snow" wall hangings.

Another idea from I {heart} Naptime. I loved hers so much I made some of my own, these will probably hang up until the end of January. The wood was free from the guy building a house in my neighborhood, so the only real cost was paper but I already had it so I guess there really wasn't a cost! :) I had my other neighbor guy cut the piece of wood down to 10x10 for me then I painted the edges and in about 1 inch black, like the picture below.
Then I picked the paper I wanted and cut it down to size. These prints are from the Die Cuts With A View Winter Wonder stack. Then I used Mod Podge and put a coat down on the wood and then put my paper on top. I use a paper towel to smooth down my paper when I do this so that any extra glue that squishes out goes directly onto the paper towel. When I was done with that I got my Holiday Cakes cartridge out and cut the word "let it snow" at 7-1/2 with some red cardstock also from DCWV Christmas Glitter stack from 2008. I used some red grosgrain ribbon to make hangers and stapled it to the top of my boards with an industrial stapler. That's it, they are now hanging by front door! The following pictures are a little bit closer up of each one. Don't forget to sign up for the giveaway on Monday and Tuesday's posts :)

2 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Cute!

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

here in chicago, we could keep that up til february, probably even march!

cute!

if you have a moment, link this up to my creative juice party.

nicolette@http://momnivoresdilemma.blogspot.com/2010/12/creative-juice-thursday-3.html