Thursday, December 16, 2010

Gumball/Candy machine, so cute!

 Well can I just say that I. LOVE. THESE! I found the idea from I (heart) Naptime and knew I had to make a few or like 8 to be exact! I was only going to make them for my kids teachers but then I decided it would be fun for a couple more people as a Christmas gift so I went back to the stores and bought enough for 4 more :) For 1 machine you will need 1- pot, 1- saucer from Home Depot, 1- glass bowl from the Dollar Tree and 1- wood ball, I had a problem finding these cause I literally live in the desert and neither Wal-Mart nor Home Depot had these so I ended up buying drawer pulls from H.D. at .97 cents a piece. I ended up going over to Las Vegas and as I was looking for something completely different I happened upon the wood balls I needed for this AND there were 9 in a bag for 2.99 AND I had a 40% off coupon so I totally scored, I took back the draw pulls and got over 8 bucks back :) :) Anyway back to the directions, you will also need paint of your choice I used black and painted them with 2 coats. You'll need E-6000 (glue) or something similar for adhering glass and then some white vinyl or you could always use white paint for the dots and glass etching cream for the words. I used my paper crimper and my shredder for the filler paper inside (crimp paper 1st then shred) The dots were cut from George and Basic shapes at 1/2, 3/4, 1, and 1-1/4 then my daughter helped me randomly stick them on. The word "candy" was cut from Calligraphy at 1.59 on my Gypsy. I added some fun ribbon and some yummy candy and called it good. That's it pretty easy :)
This one was for the guy teacher my daughter has so we didn't do the polka dots and we used striped ribbon instead ;)
Don't forget to enter my giveaway's My Pink Stamper stamp set HERE and Scrappy Moms Stamp set of your choice HERE. Spread the word for another entry on both days, just click the share button on the bottom of this post then leave a comment telling me that you did on each day :)

16 comments:

Ashley said...

Hi Jamie! I blogged about your giveaway on my blog on Thursday...the address is http://scrappinpinkpiglet.blogspot.com. Thanks for the awesome giveaway!

Ashley "Scrappin' Pink Piglet"
scrappinpinkpiglet(at)gmail(dot)com

Kate Furner said...

I love this! If i had the money right now, i would make these to put the truffles in for Christmas presents!! These would also be great for birthdays and secretary's and boss' day presents! I can't wait to stock up and make these next year!!!!

Katie
thefurners0704@yahoo.com

Kerry T said...

These are sooo cute. I will have to steal this idea. Thanks for sharing.
Kerry

mommakcrafts.blogspot.com

LesleyfromWI said...

Oh my gosh, this is so cute. I love this idea.

jgirl said...

super cute!! ;0)

The Swapp Fam said...

Wow those are really rad. I had no idea when you talked about it that they would be so cute. We should've made them here so I could do some. O'well maybe next time I come over.

Reneeleeak said...

Very cute project! These would be so cute for any gift with whatever you'd want to put in the bowl.
reneeleeak at yahoo dot com

Saundra said...

This is so fun! Love the idea! I'll have to remember this. TFS!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These are so super adorable!! love them, I think I may have to make these!

Kim. said...

These are amazing and what a great gift idea, love them.
Kim xXx

savannah said...

Those are sooo cute! I love the idea.

Anonymous said...

Awesome idea. I wish I would have seen this earlier to make for my kids teachers. Their last day of school was yesterday. Oh well, you can do this project for many other holidays. Thanks!

Unknown said...

WAY CUTE! I have seen these in blogland and I really want to make one. Yours turned out super darling. Jen

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

These are so cute! They are now on my "to-do" list...thanks!

Georgiana said...

Wow! These are absolutley amazing. I love them!!!!

I would love for you to stop by. I am always looking for new crafty friends to share ideas with.

Take Care,
Georgiana
http://carsonscricutcreations.blogspot.com/

TheDickersons said...

too cute!