Friday, February 26, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Wood Blocks and Kiss Me Pot with Leprechaun

This was a great project, so fun and I got to visit with a friend while making it. The wood letters are from a 2x4 I painted them all green and then cut the letters out of white vinyl with George and Basic Shapes on the shadow feature at 3-1/4 then I tied some jute around twice and tied a knot.
For the Leprechaun I used my Gypsy and cut everything at 4 on Paperdoll DressUp (I love that thing by the way) then also using my Gypsy I welded "kiss me" together with the shadow feature and cut it at 2 inches. After that I just used the regular letter and cut the "kiss me" again from some green sparkly paper by DCWV at 2 so it would fit on the shadow nicely.This is just a regular 4 inch clay pot I painted black then wrapped the jute around the rim 3 times and tied. The green frilly thing in the center is a balloon weight I found at the Dollar Tree. I stuck that in and then pushed it down to anchor it, then I added the rocks that were spray painted with gold paint from Krylon.I made this one for my sister using the Stamped Cartridge and the shorty feature cut at 3 inches. These probably could have been a it bigger but I didn't want to waste the vinyl. I also tied some jute (or you could use twine) around the blocks. Thanks for stopping by! :)

3 comments:

jgirl said...

lucky enough to be so very cute! =0)

Georgia Ehrmann said...

this is so cute...a perfect decoration for the holiday! TFS

The Swapp Fam said...

Thanks I LOVE THEM! The leprechaun is really cute too wish I could have gotten him.