Thursday, February 25, 2010

cards from scraps

Here are some cards I made with the leftover scraps I just couldn't throw away from making the "family" letters for my friends birthday, you can see them HERE. I just love these papers from Crate Papers Cowgirl Collection, all I did on this 1st one was add a sticker from my stash and I sewed around the edge of the big brown square. This first one I am entering in a challenge called "Stuck on You" over at the Caardvarks blog, check it out HERE! This next one was all the odd pieces, I just lined them up and sewed down each one with a zig-zag stitch. Then I added a vellum phrase and some copper brads to finish it off.
And here is my final card, I punched as many circles as I need and then left one blank for the sentiment I stamped with a StudioG clear stamp, the ink is CTMH Autumn Terracotta it matched perfectly.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

What a great card for the challenge..

Kathy said...

This is a great way to use up those scraps!! I love your idea of the sticker on vellum. If you don't mind here is another way for scraps. http://thedailymarker.blogspot.com/2009/10/tuesday-tipster-4-using-your-scraps.html
Hope you like the tip :)

Amy C said...

Great cards with scraps!!