Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Princess Castle, Crowns, and Wands from Once Upon A Princess

Someone asked if I could make up a castle for an activity at church AND it had to sparkle :) What, I love sparkle so this is what I did... I cut the castle at 8-1/4 the biggest I could on a 12x12 mat, then I hot glued the cylinders together because I have found that sticky strip (or at least my sticky strip) doesn't like to hold for long. After assembling the entire castle I used Mod Podge to coat just the purple parts and then I added some course glitter. I also took my Stickles and used that just along the edges of the walls (across the top) After that I got some jewels and some wire. I placed a sticky dot on 1 jewel and then the wire and then stuck another jewel on top like a sandwich :) then I threaded the wire down the little hole in the top of the cone. They kept leaning to one side so I used some Zip Dry glue to get them to stay put a little better :)
 
 
 I also made some crowns to match. I cut these at 4 inches and then blinged up the darker pink areas with the same course glitter. I used my Stickles again for the "diamonds" on the top.
 And a princess themed activity wouldn't be complete without the wands right? These were cut at 9 and then I also added some course glitter and some stickles to the top parts of each of them. 


3 comments:

LesleyfromWI said...

This is amazing! Beautiful job

jgirl said...

those are really great, perfectly princess!! ;0)

ALYN said...

very impressive! Way to go Jamie!