Monday, November 22, 2010

Fantabulous Cricut #37 Thankful For....

Hello all my crafty friends out there. I am finally back to reality after having my last craft fair this year. This weeks challenge at the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog is "Thankful For..." well I was having a hard time thinking of what I was thankful for until I was working on these blocks for the craft fair and it finally came to me... I am so Thankful for my FAMILY! I love them all very much. My husband is a great support to me and all my crafting adventures! My kids are the best and I love them for who they are and the things they teach me everyday. I wouldn't be the person I am today without them :) 
So for this project I got some scraps of wood (2x6's) from the guy building in my neighborhood (gotta love free wood right) then I cut 2 each of the same sizes 6,8, and 10 inches. Then I got a font I liked (I used Cuttin' Up) and with my Gypsy I figured up the size the letters needed to be. I ended up getting 3 sets of letters from one sheet of chocolate vinyl from ProvoCraft. After the paper was picked and the letters were cut I started putting them together. I used sticky strip to apply the paper to the wood and then eye balling it I stuck the letter to the paper. Then I got out some ribbon, buttons, brads and Prima flowers to finish them up. I hope you enjoy this project and that you will play along in the challenge this week, I know there are some awesome prizes up for grabs :) Be sure to check out the other DT members projects as well, they always have great ideas to inspire you! Don't forget to sign up for my giveaway :)
I am linking this up with Craft-O-Maniac Monday link party.
 The 1st set is Die Cuts With a View Rustic Stack and this 2nd one with the blue and brown is from My Mind's Eye.
 Black and White is My Mind's Eye again the Meadow Lark Collection.
 This one is also My Mind's Eye.
 Another Die Cuts With a View (DCWV)

10 comments:

Saundra said...

Great idea, Jamie! Love your paper choices.

jgirl said...

those are gorgeous! ;0)

The Swapp Fam said...

Wow those are cute!! Can I make a trade in?? ;)

SpantastiKreations said...

So gorgeous. I LOVE free wood.

Great Job.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Erin

Kate said...

These are super! The first paper combination is my favourite - but isn't it wonderful how you can take a project and change its feel just by changing the papers? How fantastic that you got free wood as well!! Great job!

Kelly Massman said...

LOVE it! The papers are great!

Celeste B. said...

You did an absolutely beautiful job!!!!!!!!! TFS! :)

Michelle said...

very pretty love that paper !!!
scrappinwithmybug.com

CricutLvr!! said...

Super cute! I love this project. Especially that you got the wood blocks from the guy up the street 8)
What a fun project!!

Hanna said...

Hi there! I am your newest follower from the blog hop! Lovely blog!!! You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
Have a peek at my giveaways when you come by. Everything is handmade and gorgeous!!!
CUTE!!