Monday, November 8, 2010

Fantabulous Cricut #35- Shape and Color Challenge

Hello Everyone, This weeks challenge is a shape a color challenge, the shape being a circle and the color green on your project. I decided to use my Gypsy and make a circle card so I started with George and Basic Shapes and welded to 4-1/4 inch circles together. Then I brought up When It's Cold Outside and cut a snowflake to fit inside my circle this was cut at 4 inches. I didn't actually use the snowflake on the card... I used some removable adhesive and stuck it down where I wanted it, then using my CTMH ink in Topiary and a dauber I inked around the edges of the snowflake to create the image on the green cardstock. After that was done I took off the snowflake but wasn't loving the end product so I put the snowflake back on and with my Pebbles Inc. shimmer chalk I used the dark green color from there and went around the edges again to make is shine! Then I used Snow Friends and cut my snowman at 2-3/4. I glittered his hat, arms and along the bottom of his whole body. I also went around the whole circle and then added some course clear glitter I found at Wal-Mart! I also added some black Stickles to the birds eye. Thanks for stopping by, make sure you check out the other Fantabulous Cricut Design Team projects and be sure to enter this weeks challenge for some fantabulous prizes as well! :)
 These are the things I used for the snowflake part of the card, Topiary ink from CTMH, the snowflake of course, the little finger dauber (it's by the ink pad) and chalk from Pebbles Inc.

11 comments:

Melinda Beltran said...

WHAT A CUTE CARD! As always a Fantabulous job! I am now following you...I can't believe I wasn't before :-( Great job! Melin

Mmarilyn said...

Love this card! I think I might scraplift this idea. You have some really creative cards; that's why I am a follower.

The Swapp Fam said...

Cute we may have to make some of these when I come over.

SusanBluerobot said...

fantastic card love it

Kate said...

This is such a fun card! Your snowman is adorable!

Jennifer aka Scrappin' Aggie said...

i love the snowman! too cute!

Charlotte said...

Oh, so happy and cute! i love the colors. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

very cute, this is one of my favorite carts! love all the glitter!

SpantastiKreations said...

So pretty. That clear glitter adds so much.

TFS,
Erin

Dorcas said...

What an adorable card! Love the snowman! Super cute! Thanks for sharing!
~Dorcas
http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

Jovan said...

I made a similar card. I love this snowman. Cute card! Thanks

Jovan
http://cardsbyjovan.blogspot.com/