Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Happy 40th Anniversary

 This was a special request card I had last week. Some friends of a friend were celebrating their 40th anniversary and my friend wanted a very specific card for them that included their names and 40 on it so this is what I came up with... I LOVE the Lemon Flower stack from Die Cuts With a View so much in fact that after I had used just a few sheets out of the stack I decided I NEEDED another stack :) just flipping through it makes me happy! So anyway back to the card... I printed off their names on some white cardstock and cut it into the flag shape that's so popular right now, I added some opaques pearls to the one side and adhered it on with Scotch Quick Drying tacky glue. It's bubbled up on the middle but I didn't get a good picture of that part.
 I cut the tag at 2 inches and 40 at 1-1/2 inches from Songbird. I embossed the top part of the white cardstock with the dots folder and used the apron lace border punch at the bottom of the green. I tied some Buttercream twine from The Twinery around and adhered that part to my card. The tag was adhered with foam tape and then I stamped Happy Anniversary with My Pink Stamper stamps and added a couple more opaques pearls to finish it off.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

This is such a sweet card.

Georgiana said...

Very pretty. Wow! 40 years of marriage. I thought at first it was birthday, but marriage is definitely more impressive. Not too many couples like that any more!

Georgiana
Carson's Creations