Monday, May 14, 2012

Blogger 101 and some cards :)

 Here's a little lesson for you... let's call it "Blogger 101" if any of you have followed my blog for a while now know that I use to post pretty regularly, like every week day! Well then we had spring break and I was in charge of the book fair at school and then I went on a little vacation with my husband and in all that time I would try to upload some projects but kept getting the boot from blogger telling me that I had used up all my photo storage space. Well it was really making me mad so then I just kinda got sick of it and quit trying until I finally asked the right person and she was able to  help me a TON!!! So I don't know who all knows this but here we go...

Blogger uses Picasa to store all the photos you upload. You are allowed 1 GB per blog and once you go over that storage then you have to pay per month for more storage UNLESS you are uploading the right size pictures. I, my friends, was NOT doing that! My pictures were HUGE and by huge I mean HUMUNGOUS! If you upload pictures that are less then 2048 x 2048 and videos that are less then 15 minutes then they don't count towards your 1 GB storage space but if they are bigger then that (like mine were) you will meet that and not be allowed to upload more unless you figure it out like I did or cave in a pay the per month fee, which I was not going to do. So with that being said, make sure you know how to re size your pictures before uploading and you will NOT have the headache I had and all will be fine in bloggy land! ;) now onto the cards...

I made this set of six cards a while back, they were super easy. I had just bought some stamps from Paper Smooches and LOVE them! I used "sentiment sampler" :) I used Art Philosophy to cut the scalloped squares at 2 inches (I think) and then a little smaller at 1-3/4 on the cream cardstock to fit inside. The paper is from the Recollections "Charming" stack

No comments: