Monday, May 2, 2011

My first clear cards- wedding

These are super addicting to make. I started with an 8-1/2x11 sheet of plastic, scored, then cut in half on the opposite end. I used Sweethearts to cut my rings at 2 inches and cut them twice, 1st with white shimmer paper then using the shift key I cut it out with gold paper. My sketch is actually from an old issue of Sheetload from a few years ago, I miss that online sketch site :( anyway the papers are all from DCWV Linen Closet stacks. I added some stitching around the brown frame and a sentiment form Studio G. I have to add that I really love Studio G stamps but I was getting frustrated with them not stamping great so I stopped buying them. On a recent trip to Micheal's I decided I would try the ink that's made for them and what do you know, it stamped perfectly! I'm a happy stamper now :)
 The key to making cards on clear card blanks is to make sure you are cover the inside so there is a place to write on and then also covering the front enough that when someone writes inside the card, the writing doesn't show through ;)
Thanks for stopping by, Be sure to check back all week long for some great cards leading up to Jenny's birthday blog hop on Friday :)

2 comments:

The Swapp Fam said...

Those are cute. O and I need a few just cutsy/manly ones that are for anything.

Anonymous said...

your first clear card is so much beautiful!!!
Plastic Business Cards,Plastic Card printing,Plastic Business Cards