Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"Hi" and "Hello" cards Pink/Green

I finally finished up making the cards a friend of mine asked me to make for her mom. I think these really turned out fun and pretty. Background cardstock is from DCWV Sweet Treats Stack and how easy is that to use nothing but that cardstock for the main image of the card?! All I did was use a Martha Stewart border punch at the bottom :) I also used Wild Card for the "hi" cut at 2-1/4 inches and wrapped some green ribbon around the bottom from Papertrey Ink.
 You might have seen a version of this before but I had to add it again because I messed something up and wanted to tell you that even though I had it was still usable. I bet you would never guess where the goof up was at.... if you thought maybe under that dimensional glaze then you would have thought right! When I went to adhere this piece to the card I ended up putting glue from a glue pen all over the top... OOPS! I had to think of something to hide that since I had used all that color of paper and didn't want to search through everything I have to find some more. I think this was actually my favorite card because of the dimensional glaze that I had to add! Hello is cut from Lyrical Letters at 2-1/4.
 I also flocked the butterfly with Doodlebug crushed velvet on this one instead of the glitter like I did on THIS card.
Another view, maybe you can see the shine better...
 Here are some more that I made as well I used some more paper from DCWV this time the Citrus Stack, I also used another Martha Stewart border punch and some pink cardstock from Papertrey Ink. The sentiment is from Close To My Heart. Then I added another piece of pink across the green and cuttlebugged it and added some jewels.
I put this card and the last one up to show you what I did with the scraps I had leftover. The tag is from Once Upon A Princess cut at 2-1/2 (pg. 55) "hi" is from Wild Card cut at 2-1/4 I inked the edges and added some jewels.
On this one I used Once Upon A Princess again and the same tag from page 55 the pink tag is cut at 2-1/2 and the white tag is cut at 2 inches. I inked the edges of the white and stamped a happy birthday sentiment from a CTMH set.
Thanks for stopping by today, don't forget to check out my giveaway going on right now HERE.

4 comments:

Kim. said...

Great collection of cards.
Kim xXx

Celeste B. said...

Those are absolutely perfect!!! I love all of them!!! :) TFS!

jgirl said...

I LOVE the pink and green!! ;0)

BethW said...

Great inspiration-I have a lot of these papers in my stash,now I have something to do with them. thank you!