Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Christmas Cards for mom in law

Here they are, the card for this year I came up with to mass produce for my mother in law. I really wanted to do the rounded corners at the bottom and I'm really glad I did, I think it added so much to the card. Also the sewing, I was going to skip that since I was making so many but I'm glad I decided to go with it even if it was extra work and took about an hour. I cut the ornament from Joys of the Season at 3 1/2 (I got 11 per 12x12 page) then before I removed them from the mat I took my gold pen and colored in the top and outlined the edge. I also took a flourish stamp and did just the bottom left corner with Bamboo ink from Close to my Heart. Then using a scripture she liked I stamped that in black. I sewed the gold ribbon on while I went around the edge of the card and then added another piece to tie on the ornament.

No comments: