Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ice Cream box with peek-a-boo window

I love it when I make something and it actually turns out better then I had hoped. I made a few of these but this was by far my most favorite. I found this idea on Inking Idaho's blog and gave it a try. I used Doodlecharms ice cream cone cut at 5 inches (Inking Idaho used a big stamp and hand cut it out but I thought to myself "my CRICUT can do that") it took a few tries to get the blade set to cut center on my box top but now its a breeze. I used My Mind's Eye paper for the box and the ice cream parts. I cut the cherry off the bottom layer (brown layer) and added some red flocking to it. I inked the bottom of the cone in brown so you could see the detail. I stamped happy birthday down the side and then used the cartridge Stamped and cut a small tag and then stamped "2 U" on it. I added some brown ribbon around the outside of the lid and called it done :)

1 comment:

DonnaMundinger said...

Very cute! Love how you did the window in the box top! xxD