Monday, July 12, 2010

Fantabulous Cricut #18- Cool Treats

This weeks challenge at Fantabulous Cricut was to make a "cool treat" shaped card. It had to be something fun for summer so I went with the Popsicle from Doodlecharms cut at 5-1/4 and using my Gypsy I welded 2 of the blackout shapes together. Then with my fun DCWV paper (Sweets stack) I cut the top layer out. I didn't want the little cutouts on the left side so I used the hide contour button and took those out. I also used Mini Monograms and cut a circle and scalloped circle at 1-3/4. My stamp is from Clear Dollar Stamps Everyday-Jargone set.
I used some crystal effects from Stampin Up on this one, added some sparkle fibers and used pop dots to adhere. I also inked around the Popsicle and the white circle with scarlet ink and chalked around the green scalloped circle.
This one I left the way it was for a cute but simple card.Go check it out and enter to win this weeks giveaways! :)

12 comments:

Leigh said...

Cute Card! Great Job!
Leigh

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Jamie Popsicles are the best for summer right! and I love you delicious strawberry Popsicle so yummy :)

PenLight said...

Awww, so sweet, I love the papers on this Popsicle. The coolest best treat ever in the summer!

Cokie Pop Paper Boutique said...

Love the sparkle fibers and the paper. So cute.

Angji said...

Very cute! I love the glittered paper!

Melin said...

What a super cute card! I love the use of your gypsy to create just what you wanted! Great paper choice too! What a wonderful treat! Super job!

Rhonda Emery said...

I love your popcycle it is so cute.
I became a follower.
www.scraphappenswithRhonda.blogspot.com

BeeBeebabs said...

Cute cute cute tfs

Val said...

Totally adorable popsicles!! The paper is very cute :) Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!

Val said...

well, you play along every week, being a member and all ;)

Michelle said...

soooo cute I just used that paper !!!

Kate said...

I LOVE that paper!! Great stamp too - and perfect with the card!